Applications are invited from qualified and experienced candidates to fill in the following position that has arisen within the National AIDS Council.
Position: District AIDS Coordinator x 6
Provinces: Bulawayo – Emakhandeni
Mat North – Tsholotsho, Bubi, Nkayi
Mash East – Murehwa
Mash West – Hurungwe
- Prepare the integrated district plan and budget for HIV and AIDS interventions in the District
- Promote, facilitate and coordinate the development, implementation and monitoring of a comprehensive District multi-sectoral response to HIV and AIDS in line with the ZNASP IV and other polices and guidelines
- Facilitate collaboration and strategic partnerships
- Provide technical support and capacity building on HIV and AIDS programming to NAC structures and partners
- Mobilize stakeholder participation in HIV and AIDS programmes in the District.
- Monitor and evaluate programmes in line with the National Monitoring and Evaluation system
- Develop and maintain a Database on HIV and AIDS programmes
- Mobilize resources for HIV and AIDS programmes
- Provide Secretariat services to the DAAC
- Documentation and dissemination of Best Practices in HIV and AIDS programming
- Compile and submit periodic plans and reports on HIV and AIDS programmes to the Provincial office and relevant stakeholders
- Oversee the financial and administrative functions of the District office
- Any other duties as maybe assigned from time to time
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social / Health Sciences or equivalent
- Certificate in Program Planning or Management/Monitoring and Evaluation / HIV&AIDS Counselling or equivalent
- At least 3 years working experience in HIV and AIDS / social / community development work of which 2 years should be at a supervisory level
- Be in possession of a clean class 4 drivers’ licence
- A relevant Masters will be an added advantage
Competences and Attributes
- Sound analytical skills
- Good planning skills
- Good report writing and ICT skills
- Team player
- Maturity and Professionalism
- Understanding of basic financial management and general administration
- Honesty and integrity
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Be a self-starter, highly motivated and able to work with minimum supervision.
All Applicants must comply with the following;
- Complete the NAC Vacancy Application Form and comply with all instructions stated therein.
- Submit only ONE application by email to; recruitment@nacorgzw
- Application Form
NB: Non-compliance to any of the requirements will result in disqualification.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing date for receipt of Applications: 11 August 2023