Legal Officer – Global Fund Project- National AIDS Council Station: Head Office
Reports to: Operations Director.
- Provide legal services to Key Populations (KP) against all forms of discrimination.
- Provide technical guidance on legal issues affecting KPs and KP programming.
- Support the legal and environmental assessment process and advocate for relevant law reform based on the assessment.
- Facilitate upholding of human rights for KP groups and advocating for an creation of enabling environment for KP programming.
- Provide legal advice and handling other relevant legal matters/assignments for the Council.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE.
- BL/LLB (Hons) Degree
- Post graduate qualification in a related field is an added advantage.
- At least Five (5) years post qualification experience.
- Experience in handling Human rights issues.
- Experience in dealing with Public, Private and Civil society entities.
- Skills in drafting Legal documents.
- Skills in Advocacy, Lobbying and Communications
Excellent computer skills.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas and concepts in a simple manner.
- Be in possession of a clean class 4 drivers’ licence.
Applicants should submit certified copies of birth certificate, ID, educational qualifications, driver’s license and a recent copy of their CV stating the current salary.
Applicants that do not comply with the above will not be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications should be submitted by 15 December 2017 and addressed to:
The Human Resources Director, National AIDS Council, P O Box MP1311, Mt Pleasant, Harare.
Or submit applications by hand to:
The Human Resources Director, National AIDS Council, 100 Central Avenue, Harare.