Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to fill in the following position within the National AIDS Council.
Position: Procurement Manager – National AIDS Council
Station: Head Office – Harare
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
- Manage the day to day operations of the Procurement function in compliance with the provisions of the Public Procurement and Assets Disposal Act
- Compile the Organization’s Annual Procurement Plan in liaison with users
- Formulate work objectives and supervise procurement assignments.
- Coordinate and oversee the operationalization of the Procurement Plan
- Develop and operationalize internal procurement guidelines
- Build and monitor the capacity of departments in handling procurement issues
- Develop and manage a supplier database
- Identify and adopt effective procurement and sourcing strategies
- Liaise and engage service providers on procurement matters
- Capacity development of key Procurement Personel.
- Documentation and record-keeping of all procurement issues
- Recommend all Purchase Orders and Contracts for goods and services
- Act as the link between NAC and PRAZ and other partners on procurement issues
- Liaise with PRAZ on relevant procurement matters
- Compile and submit periodic reports on procurement
- Extensive knowledge of Public Procurement systems and procedures
- Strong ICT skills and the ability to use computerized procurement packages
- Ability to identify and mitigate risks in procurement.
- Strong negotiating skills
- Integrity, honesty, and stewardship in the handling of resources.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to lead and motivate a team towards achieving results.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree Purchasing and Supply Chain Management or equivalent.
- Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) Professional Diploma.
- At least 5 (five) years’ experience at Managerial Level.
- A relevant Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- Be in possession of a clean class 4 drivers’ license.
All Applicants must complete the NAC Vacancy Application Form and comply with all other instructions stated therein. Applicants that do not comply with the required shall be automatically disqualified.
Applications must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for receipt of Applications: 06 Sepetember 2019.
Click here to download the application form